Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Herb and Crumb Topped Tilapia

I found this recipe in my Women's Health magazine a long time ago and we finally decided to make it. Actually...I but together a binder of all of the recipes I've clipped over the months and I divided it up into sections. So tonight we wanted fish, so I flipped to the fish section and lookie there...a tilapia recipe. Plus we had all the ingredients which is saying a lot since we haven't been grocery shopping in about a month...the cupboards are lookin' kind of bare. So anyway...onto the recipe.

4 tbsp. bread crumbs
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 5-oz. tilapia filets (we used 2 large ones)
4 lemon wedges for garnish

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a small baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, oregano, garlic, and salt to taste. Drizzle half of oil over tilapia. Rub to coat. Sprinkle on bread crumb mixture. Rub to coat evenly. Place in baking pan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake until tilapia is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Serve with lemon.

No comments: