Sunday, April 25, 2010

Garlicky Baked Shrimp

Another day, another shrimp dish. I love cooking with shrimp, you can throw together a dish pretty quickly. And Saturday I wanted something quick since we were painting and trying to get more stuff organized at the house. I found this on the Real Simple website.

1 pound raw, peeled and deveined medium or large shrimp
4 cloves sliced garlic
2 tbsp. white wine
salt and pepper
1/4 cup softened butter (I used half butter and half olive oil)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (I used whatever bread crumbs I had in the cupboard and I had to use more than 1/4 cup to get the consistency I wanted)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

In a baking dish, combine the shrimp, garlic and white wine. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a mixture of the butter/olive oil, bread crumbs and parsley.

Bake at 425 degrees F until shrimp are opaque, 15-18 minutes.

No comments: