Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Black Bean Salad

I found this recipe on the Food Network website, but I didn't have all the ingredients I needed. I made do of course, and it turned out quite delicious.

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of frozen corn
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. hot sauce
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a bowl. If making this right before dinner, let it sit out on the counter for about 15 minutes as to let the corn defrost. The frozen corn will keep a chill on the salad. I made it a few hours in advance so I just popped it in the fridge and the corn defrosted in there.

The two ingredients I didn't have were the bell pepper and the red onion. I left the bell pepper out completely, but used a vidalia onion instead of the red. The sweet vidalia worked just fine. Enjoy!


No comments: