Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sloppy Garden Joes

These were really good! We had a bunch of veggies sitting around (not exactly what the recipe called for) and I knew I had seen this recipe before, so I decided to try it. Here's the original recipe, and then below is what I did. Enjoy!!

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped

5-6 button mushrooms - I hate mushrooms but I throw a couple in for Jim
1 lb. ground turkey
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1/4 - 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, depending on your taste

a few dashes of Red Hot sauce, to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Sauté garlic, onions, yellow pepper, mushrooms and ground turkey in a pan over medium-high heat until the turkey is cooked through. Add tomato sauce, diced, barbecue sauce and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until thick. Serve on toasted or plain buns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!