Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Slow cooker BBQ Chicken

We had this package of chicken thighs in our freezer for who knows how long! I seriously didn't know if they were even good anymore. I figured the only way to make sure they didn't taste like freezer once cooked, was to slow-cook the heck out of them, and that's what I did...lol. I got this recipe from the FIX-IT and FORGET-IT Cookbook. It turned out pretty good. The chicken was nice and tender and didn't taste like old freezer...lol. Next time I'd like to try using a whole chicken, cut in pieces.

2 lbs chicken pieces
1/4 cup flour
1 cup ketchup
2 cups water
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 drops Tabasco sauce (I used way more than 2 drops)
1/4 tsp. garlic salt (I used garlic powder instead)
1/4 tsp. onion salt (I used celery salt instead)

Dust chicken lightly with the flour and transfer to the slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover, cook on low for 5 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: