Sunday, July 19, 2009

Avocado Pasta Salad

I wanted to make some sort of cold salad with avocado to go with our chicken, and this is what I came up with. It was really good and made for a nice lunch too. I found a dressing recipe with lime in it to help with the oxidation of the avocado...or so I thought. The avocado turned brown the next day so I'm thinking next time I'll toss the avocado with the dressing first, THEN add the rest of the ingredients. I mean, it's not that big of a deal but it tends to not look too appetizing.

1 lb. pasta of your choice, cooked
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1-2 avocaods, large dice
4-5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
chopped fresh parsley

salad dressing:
2 limes, juiced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
about 20 grinds fresh black pepper
1 tbsp. whole-grain mustard

Cook the pasta according to the package. In the meantime, in a large bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Dice the avocado, add to dressing and toss. Run the pasta under cold water to cool off; drain. Add pasta to bowl along with artichoke hearts and feta cheese. I added about a handful of chopped fresh parsley as well. Enjoy!

No comments: