Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quick Cheese Quesadilla

Well it was dinner time, we forgot to take something out of the freezer and I just couldn't wait. I needed food now! I rummaged through the fridge and was able to come up with a quick, yummy dinner. These turned out way better than I thought they would.

4-6 flour tortillas, or any wrap would work
1 can refried beans
fresh salsa
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow/red/orange bell pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
shredded cheese of your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook until soft and tender. While I was cooking the peppers and onions, Jim was diligently smearing refried beans and salsa on the tortillas.
Once the peppers and onions were done, they were placed on top of the refried beans/salsa mixture, topped with cheese and then the top tortilla. They were then placed in the oven and baked for about 10-15 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese. They were served with sour cream. I would have served them with more salsa, but we used it all up inside the quesadilla. Enjoy!!

No comments: