Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Zucchini Frittata

I was getting kind of bored of scrambled eggs for breakfast, or just a bowl of cereal. It's zucchini season, so I wanted to use it somehow in the breakfast. I decided to make a frittata. I found a few recipes and just kind of combined them into something that would work for me.

1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small zucchini, cubed
1 small red onion, chopped
5-6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
4-5 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice, cheddar was used here
salt and pepper to taste

In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet over medium heat, saute onion, zucchini and mushrooms in oil until tender. Pour the eggs over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until almost set, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Use a toothpick to check when the eggs are set

No comments: