Monday, June 30, 2008

Fish Tacos

When someone used to mention a fish taco to me, I thought it was the most disgusting thing...until I made some. I love Mexican so what's not to love about a fish taco? I just used this recipe that I posted earlier in my blog to marinate and cook the fish. Then I made the sauce to accompany the fish, added some lettuce, fresh salsa and cheese, and voila...dinner!

Recipe for sauce:
1 (8 oz.) container light sour cream
1/2 cup adobo sauce from chipotle peppers*

2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. lime zest
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay™
salt and pepper to taste


To make the dressing, combine the sour cream and adobo sauce (hot sauce) in a bowl. Stir in the lime juice, lime zest, cumin, chili powder, seafood seasoning. Add salt, and pepper in desired amounts. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.

*I used hot sauce instead since I didn't have the adobo sauce. And I probably only used about 2-3 tablespoons.


No comments: